There are certain games that are just best played using a controller as it is more fun and easier. If you own a Nintendo Switch, you can connect the Joy-Con controllers from it to your Mac and use it to play games. All you need to do is take the controllers out of the switch, connect them to your Mac, and then pop them into the Joy-Con Grip in only a few minutes. In this guide, we will show you how to connect your Joy-Con controllers to your Mac and start gaming.
How to Connect Your Joy-Con Controllers to Mac
- First off, you need to turn your Nintendo Switch completely off.
- Next up, remove each controller from the side by pressing the small round button on the rear of the Switch to release and then slide them out of the device.
- Now, go to your Mac and make sure that you have your Bluetooth turned on. To do this, click the Apple icon > System Preferences > Bluetooth.
- Now, you should see the Bluetooth Preferences window on the screen.
- Press the pairing button on one of the controllers. The pairing button is the button inside where the controller slides into the Switch. Once you press it, the lights will flash.
- Go back to the Bluetooth Preferences on your Mac. Now, you should see the first controller in the list of available devices. It should also have (L) or (R) depending on which controller is is (left or right). Click the “Connect” button next to the controller.
Once you have done this, follow the same steps above for the second controller.
When you are done gaming on your Mac, you can disconnect the controllers from your Mac from the Bluetooth Preferences window. Simply right-click each controller and select the “Disconnect” option.
Don’t forget to slide them back into your Nintendo Switch. They should pair automatically once you put them back and you can pick up where you left off on your Nintendo Switch games.
Wrapping it Up
If you only recently installed a new game on your Mac and would love to try it out with your Joy-Con controllers, you can easily do this with the simple steps above. And hopefully, your gaming experience on your Mac will get even better.
So what do you think about it? Going to give it a try? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. Also, let us know which games you are going to use the controllers to play.