To power off your Apple TV, you will need to unplug it. The device comes with no power button, and there isn’t any menu that lets you shut it down. However, the Apple TV has a Sleep Mode, which pretty much does the same thing. When you put your Apple TV in Sleep Mode, it will help to save energy and no unexpected sound will be played while it remains in this mode.
This is why it is a good idea to put your Apple TV in Sleep Mode whenever it is not in use. Now, there are a couple of different methods you can use to power off your Apple TV by putting it in Sleep Mode. You can use the shortcut on your Apple TV remote. You can also go to the Settings menu to do this or wait a set amount of time. In this guide, we will show you how to turn off your Apple TV by putting it in Sleep Mode.
How to Put Your Apple TV in Sleep Mode by Waiting
One way you can use to put your Apple TV in Sleep Mode is by waiting. Every Apple TV model is pregrammed to enter into Sleep Mode by itself after it spends a specific amount of time idle. It also lets you change the amount of time it takes to enter Sleep Mode. To do this, follow the steps below.
- First off, go to the Settings app on your Apple TV. It is the app whose icon looks like a large gray gear.
- Next up, click the “General” option and then scroll down the screen until you see the “Sleep After” option.
- Select the “Sleep After” option. Now, you can select how long you want your Apple TV to wait before going into Sleep Mode.
How to Use a Remote to Put Your Apple TV into Sleep Mode
- First off, hold down the Home button on your Apple TV remote for 3 seconds. This will launch the Control Center.
- Select “Sleep.”
- If you own an Apple TV 3rd generation or earlier, just press and hold the Play/Pause button for 5 seconds.
How to Put Your Apple TV in Sleep Mode via the Settings App
This method works on all Apple TV models.
- Go to the Settings app on your Apple TV.
- Select the “Sleep Now” option.