One of the best methods you can use to find new music is by finding out what others are listening to. And who better to turn you onto something you might like than your friends?
Apple Music offers an easy way for you to see what your friends are listening to, both on iOS and Mac and in this guide, we will show you how.
How to See What Your Friends Are Listening to on Apple Music
First off, you need to set up your profile and then you can find friends. So, go to the Music app on your iPhone, iPad or Mac and follow the steps listed below.
- Tap on the “For You” tab close to the bottom of the screen if you are on iPhone and on the left side of your screen if you are on Mac.
- Next up, tap or click on your profile picture on the top right. If you haven’t set up a profile picture, you should see an icon displayed there.
- If you are on iPhone, tap on “See What Friends Are Listening To” and then tap on “Get Started.” If you are on Mac, click Get Started on the Music + Friends pop-up.
- Now, you will need to confirm your name, then your username or enter a new one. You can also add a photo if you want.
- When you are done, tap or click on “Continue” to proceed to find contacts.
- On the screen that comes up next, you can now connect to Facebook, select a friend to Follow, or Invite someone. Alternatively, you can select Next and go to the next step.
- Select who can follow you from Everyone or People You Approve. Also, choose Friend Recommendations if you want. When you are done, tap or click on “Next.”
- Optionally, you can select playlists to share. When you are done, tap or click on Next.
- Select the updates you will like to receive and tap or click “Done.”
- You should be taken to your profile screen now. From this screen, you can customize your settings, share your profile or find more friends.
Whenever you want to see what your Apple Music friends are listening to, simply go to your profile and tap or click their name and photo at the bottom under “Following.”
If you are interested in trying something new and different for your listening enjoyment, checking out what your friends are listening to might be a good idea.
Make sure to let us know if this was helpful via the comments below!