Google Calendar helps you to keep better track of important events in your life and it helps you to do it easily. From keeping track of your friend’s and family’s birthday to making sure you do not miss your next gym session, the app allows you to create and sync several calendars across devices so you can always stay up to date with your schedule.
One great way to keep your calendars organized is to make sure that different events are displayed in different colors. This way you can easily tell between different events. In this guide, we will show you how to edit the color of your Google Calendar or a specific event.
How to Edit the Colors of Your Google Calendar
- First off, go to the Google Calendar homepage on your PC or Mac and go to the Google Calendar website.
- Next up, sign in to your account.
- One the left side of the screen, find the calendar whose color you would like to change and hover your mouse over it.
- Now, click the 3 vertically stacked dots on the calendar. A menu will open displaying a list of options and a palette of colors as well.
- Click the color you want the calendar to be changed to. You can also create a custom color by clicking the “+” sign to display more color options.
How to Edit the Color of an Event on Your Google Calendar
When you edit the color of your Google Calendar, all the events in your calendar will be changed to the color you choose. Google Calendar also allows you to change the color of individual events. Simply follow the steps below to do this.
- On the Google Calendar homepage, go to the event whose color you wish to change and click it.
- Next, select the “Edit” from the pop-up menu. The option is represented with a pencil icon. If you do not see a pencil, however, it means the event cannot be edited.
- On the screen that appears next, click the little colored circle next to the name of the calendar. From there, select the color you want.
- When you are done, click “Save” to save your settings.