The Samsung Galaxy S20 comes with a large display but if you want to watch content on an even bigger display, what better way than to connect your phone to your TV?
Just like other smartphones Samsung has released in the past, there are different methods you can use to connect your Samsung Galaxy S20 to your TV, monitor, or projector.
In the guide below, we describe different ways you can use to connect your Samsung Galaxy S20 to the biggest screen in the room, including both wired and wireless methods.
How to Connect Samsung Galaxy S20 to TV Using The Official Samsung USB-C to HDMI Adapter
The quickest and easiest method you can use to connect your Galaxy S20 to your TV is via the Official USB-C to HDMI adapter. This adapter is easy to set up and use. Follow the steps below to connect your Galaxy S0 to your TV via the Official USB-C to HDMI adapter.
- First off, plug the USB-C connector into your Galaxy S20.
- Next, connect the other end into an HDMI cable that is connected to your TV.
- Finally, you need to change the correct HDMI output to your TV and that’s all!
You are now all set up and ready to start enjoying movies and mobile games on your TV screen. Even better, the Official USB-C to HDMI Adapter is DeX compatible. This means that you can also use your Samsung Galaxy S20 as a fully functioning computer, all through this one adapter.
How to Connect Galaxy S20 to TV Via Third-party USB-C to HDMI adapters
Although the official Samsung USB-C to HDMI Adapter may be the best-supported method for connecting your phone to your TV, there are other USB-C to HDMI adapters that offer pretty much the same functionality. Some even have more functionality while being more budget-friendly. One of our favorites is the Olixar USB-C to HDMI 4K Adapter Cable. To set it up, simply follow the same steps used to set up the official adapter.
How to Connect Galaxy S20 to TV Using Miracast for a wireless connection
The recently released Samsung Galaxy S20 comes with support for Miracast standard. This allows you to connect the phone to compatible smart TVs without having to use a cable or wired adapter. Although Miracast is easy to set up and use, it is restricted to 1080p resolutions at 30 frames per second. So, if you are really serious about making the most out of your Samsung Galaxy S20, you might want to consider a wired alternative.
Follow the steps below to connect your Galaxy S20 to a TV using Miracast technology.
- First of all, unlock your Galaxy S20 and go to the Settings app.
- Next, tap on the “Display” option and then, tap on “Cast Screen”.
- Now, you should see an icon in the top right corner of the screen. Tap on it to enable the wireless display.
- After you have enabled Wi-Fi, tap on the TV connection mode for the screen mirroring.
How to Connect Galaxy S20 to TV Using Google Chromecast
One of the easiest ways you can stream content from your phone to your TV is via Google’s Chromecast dongle. The Google Chromecast dongle allows you to stream content on the screen of your Android phone to your TV wireless. Before you can use this method, however, you will need the Google Chromecast device. This device will then be plugged into your TV. Once you have this set up, follow the steps below to connect your Samsung Galaxy S20 to your TV via Google Chromecast.
- First off, plug your Chromecast into your TV’s HDMI port and then follow the instructions as they appear on the screen to connect it to your home Wi-Fi network via the Google Home app.
- Next, tap on the cast app to start streaming or launch the Google Home app itself to mirror your Galaxy S20 to your TV.
We hope you found this guide helpful in connecting your Samsung Galaxy S20 to your TV. If you did or have any further questions, make sure to leave a comment below or reach out to us via Twitter @TechLloyd_.