In the guide below, we will show you how to connect your Huawei P40 Pro to a TV using three easy methods.
Best Ways to Connect Huawei P40 Pro to TV
How to Connect Huawei P40 Pro to TV Using ApowerMirror
ApowerMirror is a top of the line screen mirroring app that allows users to mirror the screen of their mobile phone to TV. This app can also be used to mirror phone screen to TV. Another amazing feature of the phone is it allows you to mirror the screen of a mobile phone to another mobile phone. Follow the steps below to connect your Huawei P40 Pro to TV using ApowerMirror.
- First off, you need to install ApowerMirror on your Huawei P40. You can do this by going to the Google Play Store. Also, install the TV version on your smart TV.
- Next up, you need to connect your phone and TV to the same wireless network (Wi-Fi).
- Now, launch the ApowerMirror app on your phone and TV and then tap on the mirror button at the bottom of your phone’s screen. The app will begin to search for your TV.
- From the list of detected devices, tap on the name of your TV. You may also scan the QR code shown on your TV to connect.
Once you have done these, the screen of your Huawei P40 Pro will be mirrored to your TV. You can now stream your favourited movies or gameplay on the biggest screen in the room.
How to Connect Huawei P40 to TV Using Miracast
Mirroring a phone to TV used to be quite difficult to pull off. Not anymore, when you use Miracast. Miracast is a program that allows you to display the screen of your mobile phone on a TV. It comes as a built-in feature on most modern smart TVs and it helps to create a wireless bridge between your mobile phone and TV which makes mirroring possible and easy. Follow the steps below to connect your Huawei P40 Pro to your TV using Miracast.
- First off, go to the Google Play Store and install the Miracast app on your Huawei P40 Pro.
- Next up, launch the app and then enable “Miracast Display” on your TV. Make sure that you have your phone and TV connected to the same wireless network.
- Now, tap on “Start” on the Miracast app and your TV and phone will be connected automatically.
You can now stream media from the screen of your Huawei P40 Pro onto the biggest screen in the room.
How to Connect Huawei P40 to TV Using Chromecast
If your TV does not support Miracast, another method you can use to connect your phone’s screen to your TV is Chromecast. Chromecast is a streaming device that you can plug into your TV to enable you to mirror content from your phone to your TV. Chromecast can be laggy in come cases for fast-paced games. In other words, it’s best used for point and click games. Follow the steps below to stream the display of your Huawei P40 Pro to your TV using Chromecast.
- First, you need to plug in the Chromecast device into the HDMI port on the side (or back) of your TV.
- Next, plug the power cable to one of the USB ports.
- Now, you need to connect your TV and phone to the same wireless network.
- Go to the Google Play Store and install the Google Home app on your P40 Pro. Once the app is done installing, launch it and tap on the account icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the “Mirror Device” option from the menu. The Home app will begin to search for nearby devices.
- Once you see your TV on the detect tab, tap on it. Your TV should start loading up the content on the screen of your smartphone.
If you’ve got any issues, make sure to let us know via the comments below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.